On his 31st birthday, one of the fittest athletes in the world, Virat Kohli wrote an emotional letter to his 15-year-old self when he was a chubby-cheeked ‘Cheeku’ (Kohli’s nickname). In the letter, Kohli talks about how parents’ love and support are much more important than what gifts they get their kids. It also talks about the importance of making every day count.
- Virat Kohli has a plethora of records under his belt and the India captain has earned a place among cricketing greats in a short period of time
- His appetite for scoring runs has only been increasing as he is getting older
- On his 31st birthday, on Tuesday, Virat put up a note on twitter that he has written to a 15 year old ‘Chiku’
NEW DELHI: From a chubby-cheeked ‘Cheeku’ (Virat Kohli’s nickname) to a fitness freak and hands down one of the fittest athletes in the world,
is a prime example of what hard work, determination and discipline can achieve. With his on-field discipline and unparalleled fitness routine, the India captain has taken Indian cricket to a different level.
Kohli has a plethora of records under his belt and the India captain has earned a place among cricketing greats in a short period of time. And, his appetite for scoring runs has only been increasing as he is getting older.
On his 31st birthday, on Tuesday, Kohli put up a note on twitter that he has written to a 15-year-old ‘Chiku’ (Kohli’s nickname) and put the hashtag ‘NoteToSelf’.
It’s an insight into the life lessons Kohli has learnt over the years that have helped him continue to hone his skills and become the best version of himself.
It’s an emotional message that also talks about the importance of family and how not getting something (in this case a pair of shoes he wanted which he didn’t get from his father on his birthday) from a loved one must never get in the way of our love for family. And how parents’ love and support are much more important than what gifts they get their kids. It also talks about the importance of making every day count.
Kohli’s full message to a 15-year-old ‘Chiku’:
First of all, a very happy birthday! I am sure you have a lot of questions for me about your future. I am sorry but I am not going to answer too many of them. Because not knowing what’s in store makes every surprise sweet, every challenge thrilling and every disappointment an opportunity to learn. you don’t realize it today but it’s more about the journey than the destination. And the journey is SUPER!
My journey and life’s lessons explained to a 15-year old me. Well, I tried my best writing this down. Do give it a… https://t.co/xpjDb32BSk
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) 1572925491000
What I will tell you is that life has big things in store for you Virat. But you need to be ready for each and every opportunity that comes your way. Grab it when it comes and never take what you have for granted. You will fail. Everyone does. Just promise yourself to rise. And if at first, you don’t, try again.
You will be loved by many and will be disliked too. By some who don’t even know you. Don’t care about them, keep believing in yourself.
I know you’re thinking (about) those shoes dad did not gift you today. They mean nothing when compared to the hug he gave you this morning or the joke he cracked about your height. Cherish this. I know he can seem strict at times. But that’s because he wants the best for you. You feel that our parents don’t understand us sometimes. But remember this – only our family loves us unconditionally. Love them back, respect them and spend all the time you can with them. Tell Dad you love him. A lot. Tell him today. Tell him tomorrow. Tell him more often.
Finally, just follow your heart, chase your dreams, be kind and show the world how dreaming big makes all the difference. Be you.
And…savour those parathas buddy! They’ll become quite a luxury in years to come. 😉
Make every day super!
Redmi Y3 (Bold Red, 3GB RAM, 32MP Selfie Camera, 32GB Storage, 4000mAH Battery)
₹ 11999 (34% Off)
Samsung Galaxy M10s (Stainless Black, 3GB RAM, Super AMOLED Display, 32GB Storage, 4000mAH Battery)
₹ 10000 (21% Off)
Samsung Galaxy M30s (Pearl White, 4GB RAM, Super AMOLED Display, 64GB Storage, 6000mAH Battery)
₹ 15500 (10% Off)
Mi Redmi 6A (Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage)
₹ 7999 (23% Off)
Samsung Galaxy M30s (Pearl White, 6GB RAM, Super AMOLED Display, 128GB Storage, 6000mAH Battery)
₹ 18500 (9% Off)
Apple iPhone XR (64GB) (Product) RED
₹ 49900 (11% Off)
OnePlus 7 Pro (Mirror Grey, 6GB RAM, Fluid AMOLED Display, 128GB Storage, 4000mAH Battery)
₹ 48999 (9% Off)
Xiaomi Mi A3 (Not just Blue, 4GB RAM, AMOLED Display, 64GB Storage, 4030mAH Battery)
₹ 14999 (14% Off)
Redmi Y3 (Prime Black, 3GB RAM, 32MP Selfie Camera, 32GB Storage, 4000mAH Battery)
₹ 11999 (34% Off)
OnePlus 7 Pro (Nebula Blue, 8GB RAM, Fluid AMOLED Display, 256GB Storage, 4000mAH Battery)
₹ 52999 (8% Off)
more from times of india Sports
- Bangladesh register maiden T20I win against India4 Nov, 2019, 1212 hrs IST01:04
- Youngsters need time to understand the game: Rohit Sharma on maiden T20 loss against Bangladesh4 Nov, 2019, 0844 hrs IST01:32
- ‘Nothing to lose’ mindset will help us play fearlessly against India: Mushfiqur Rahim4 Nov, 2019, 0836 hrs IST01:05
- India vs Bangladesh: Men in Blue sweat it out in nets ahead of first T20I in Delhi1 Nov, 2019, 2139 hrs IST01:38
- Team India is preparing for T20 World Cup: Batting coach Vikram Rathour1 Nov, 2019, 2009 hrs IST01:07
- Delhi’s weather being magnificent but not perfect with smog: Bangladesh head coach1 Nov, 2019, 2006 hrs IST01:12
- Shakib’s absence will give opportunity to younger players: Bangladesh head coach1 Nov, 2019, 2004 hrs IST01:12
- 1st T20I: Bangladesh cricketers wear pollution mask during practice session in Delhi1 Nov, 2019, 2002 hrs IST01:21
- India vs Bangladesh: 1st T20I match to go ahead in Delhi as planned, says Sourav Ganguly31 Oct, 2019, 2201 hrs IST01:21
- India vs Bangladesh 1st T20I: Visiting team brushes up their skills ahead of match31 Oct, 2019, 1950 hrs IST01:12